- The DataVision User's Manual is inching towards completion. View the online HTML version.
- The Frequently Asked Questions list (FAQ) is contstantly being update. There is now a Chinese version of the FAQ, thanks to flybean (flybean at trilobyte.dhs.org).
- The automatically generated Javadocs come from the Java source code for DataVision.
- Reporting For The Web With DataVision, by Frank W. Zammetti, is an article that shows you how to design a simple report and run it from within a Web application.
A mailing list named
has been created for the discussion of tips, tricks, suggestions, bugs, and
workarounds. You must be a member of the list to post to the list. This
requirement was added to avoid spam.
To see the complete list of DataVision mailing lists (there is only one so far), visit the DataVision Mailing Lists page on SourceForge.
datavision-users mailing list has its own mailing
list users page where you can subscribe, see the archived list of
messages, and edit your preferences.
Call For Volunteers
If you would like to help by translating DataVision (the in-application strings, User's Manual, or the FAQ) to a new language, please let me know. Application string translations that have been completed or are in progress include
- bg_BG (Bulgarian, Bulgaria) by Tony Tomov
- de_DE (German, Germany) by Herbert Dietlmeier
- en_US (English, USA) by Jim Menard
- es_MX (Spanish, Mexico) by Miguel Angel Rojas Aquino
- fr_FR (French, France) by Daniel Essayag and Yaacov Akiba Slama
- it_IT (Italian, Italy) by Guido Amoruso
- nl_NT (Dutch, Dutch) by Marcel Jager
- pt_BR (Portuguese, Brazil) by Carlos Silva
- pt_PT (Portuguese, Portugal) by Sergio Ferreira
- ru_RU (Russian, Russia) by Igor Osminin
- sk_SK (Slovakian, Slovakia) by Matej "Mato" Holly
- tr_TR (Turkish, Turkey) by Ismail Cansiz
There is now a Chinese version of the FAQ, thanks to flybean.
The User's Manual and FAQ translations won't be shipped with DataVision; they would increase the size of the download for everyone too much. Instead, they will be hosted here and downloadable archives will be made available.
There are no known documentation bugs.